Monday, September 23, 2013

Nathan's Birth Story



While its still fresh from the day time to try to write up the birth story... Lets see if I can remain coherent enough :) lol

Went in Sunday evening the 22nd for cervidal. Which did start causing me some contractions. So needless to say I didn't sleep all that well. Maybe 3-4 hours. By 5 I was awake for the day. Ate breakfast and waited for pitocin to start around 6. Called Jason about 30 minutes after pit started cause contractions were getting rougher. Water was broken around 7:30-8. Contractions got closer and stronger...so we started out much like Em's... except my cervix wasn't changing too much. I then honestly broke down inside and asked for the epidural. Why I never had one before is beyond me! Those things are fantastic, lol.

So then for many hours we went through the game of rotating me from one side to another and checking me... I got to 9cm and just stalled. My cervix actually started swelling some too. I kept feeling tons of pressure and at this point could actually even move my legs some even though they were numb. Nothing was doing anything. So it was time to talk possible c-section. I was for it, honestly just wanted to get him here healthy and well :) Kassis suggested we check me again. She then had me try to push. With some confidence built from that went from possible section to pushing...and with some scary moments and a episotomy he was out :) All 9lbs 11ozs of him and his 21 inches in length :)

He stayed on my chest for an hour, attempted nursing even and it was wonderful :) He is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment