Tuesday, June 25, 2013

26 weeks

When your sick I swear everything seems to drag on, including pregnancy!

So here we are in the chart:

Odds of a Premature Baby's Survival by Length of Pregnancy
Length of Pregnancy Likelihood of Survival
23 weeks 17%
24 weeks 39%
25 weeks 50%
26 weeks 80%
27 weeks 90%
28-31 weeks 90-95%
32-33 weeks 95%
34+ weeks Almost as likely as a full-term baby
Sources: March of Dimes, Quint Boenker Preemie Survival Foundation


Very exciting that we've entered the 80% range, but I also don't think there is a risk at this point of him coming early either :)

So here's the last two weeks:

We went north because my grandfather passed away (we went up before he did and spent time with him and the family). Stayed for the funeral and continued on while we were there since we had to be there the week after. It was lots of on the go and running around. Emilie got sick around Wednesday of that week and Jason followed on Thursday.

Monday of that week (i'm back tracking). I went to the ER since I have having "contractions" again. My OB suggested I go. It ended up being nothing wrong just possible braxton hicks. Which was good news but also ofcourse made me worry.

Saturday was the party we stuck around to go to and we left Sunday morning with all three of us ill. ... so this week back I suspect will be a long one! I'm now fully engulfed in whatever we have picked up while Emilie seems to be on the mend.


No comments:

Post a Comment