Sunday, June 9, 2013

24 weeks....

I almost feel like I can finally breathe a little sigh. Not that I want another NICU baby, but at this point he would have a chance :) Nothing has been showing even the smallest sign that it's possible he will come early, but then I think about to Kaitlin and realize I didn't have signs my cervix was changing with her either... so that is always in my mind. Boys are more fragile in the NICU so his chances would be less likely I suppose, but it doesn't mean it wouldn't be possible :)

Odds of a Premature Baby's Survival by Length of Pregnancy
Length of Pregnancy Likelihood of Survival
23 weeks 17%
24 weeks 39%
25 weeks 50%
26 weeks 80%
27 weeks 90%
28-31 weeks 90-95%
32-33 weeks 95%
34+ weeks Almost as likely as a full-term baby
Sources: March of Dimes, Quint Boenker Preemie Survival Foundation

So little boy's room is finally settling in. We still needs lots of items that will be essential for bringing him home, but he has a place to sleep and some clothes so I think it's start :) With the baby shower at the end of the this month and another one the end of the next I think we will be alright.

Moving seems to have slowed down for him some. I still get pokes, but his once normal routine of kicks and punches seem to have calmed. Not sure if he's just loosing room or going through a growth spurt but it's been a definite change this past week. I also have that fun positioned placenta so perhaps he's just now hiding behind that more...






I feel like I've grown leaps and bounds this past week too but I think my bump has just changed in some way. Im still getting sciatic nerve issues, which sucks... I hate feeling like I can't walk when I am ALLOWED to right now... but it gets too painful to keep at it. So I spend alot of the day resting and then moving then resting, etc.

Emilie I think will be a great big sister :) She likes to give Nathan hugs and talks about after the baby comes alot, how she's going to share toys, etc. I know it's all going to change once he's ACTUALLY here, but we will see how it goes. I think for now she's excited ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment